Insurance Bad Faith is a special claim reserved for insurers and insurance companies prioritizing their own business interests over their legally binding duty to defend, investigate, and indemnify you or those related to you as the Insured. When your insurance company does not pay or pay the amount you know is fair, then you need to hire this firm to force the insurance company to be honest and make sure they abide by the “implied covenant of good faith and fair dealings.”
When an insurance provider violates this covenant, or acts unfairly toward its own policyholders, that company is taking advantage of you at a difficult time in your family or business’ life. The Law Office of Joseph M. Kar, PC knows the intricacies of the insurance business and can help you build a solid case against any form of insurance company or insurer, including life insurance, general business liability, automobile or vehicle liability insurance, marine insurance.
Below are examples of common insurance bad faith claims:
- Failure to settle a case within policy limits or failure to indemnify
- Failure to appoint defense counsel or comply with duty to defend
- Failure to properly investigate claims in a timely manner
- Deceptive Insurance practices or misrepresentations in order to avoid paying claims or providing coverage, and deliberately misconstruing policy language or exclusions
- Offering nothing or less than reasonable value of claim
- Failure to provide a reasonable explanation for denying a claim
If you’ve been injured and your insurance company is denying you coverage, has refused to disclose policy limits or language, or is acting in bad faith in any way, contact the Law Office of Joseph M. Kar, PC for aggressive, ethical legal representation. The firm is committed to securing the most favorable outcomes for clients who have been victimized by insurance companies acting in bad faith.