Medical malpractice refers to a situation in which a patient experiences negligence or intentional violation of a doctor or hospital or medical professional responsibilities. Damages that result from a doctor or hospital or its staff, failing to act competently or perform their duties as expected by ordinary medical practitioners, is not out of the ordinary. You should be aware that examples of medical malpractice regularly cases include:
- Failure to diagnose
- Unnecessary or Incompetent surgery, including intoxicated or drugged doctors or staff
- Sexual assault or misconduct by doctor, nurse, medical professional or non-medical hospital staff or personnel
- Failure to stabilize in the Emergency Room or Treat the patient because of the lack of insurance or inability to pay for medical care
- Incompetent medical practices, including surgical error, death by doctor, failure to monitor critical levels
- Hospital discharge or dumping due to discriminatory or prejudice
- Gross negligence leading to injury
- Failure to warn the patient of known risks of a treatment or procedure
- Error in anesthesia
Most times, a medical malpractice case requires a patient to prove not only that their doctor breached the standard of care for a doctor or practitioner, on that particular medical issue; but, also, you have to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the medical mistake caused the harm and damage and the negligence resulted in the harm.
In such situations, it’s in your best interest to seek the help from an experienced legal professional. Mr. Kar has represented many victims of medical malpractice and he provides thorough and aggressive legal counsel to victims suffering from medical malpractice claims. Regardless of the complexity of the medical malpractice claim, the Law Office of Joseph M. Kar PC has been and is committed to protecting patient’s right to a good doctor and caring hospital staff, –whether trial, arbitration or administrative proceedings.